Journey Of Vis – How Vis came to be
It all started with one man’s vision – Mr. Manickavasagam. Over more than a decade ago, he saw the potential growth of the automation industry in Malaysia. He knew that sometime in the near future, the industry would boom and result in high demand for industrialists.
Considering the fact that there were no serious players providing industrial automation education, he decided to start a Mechatronic training centre. He worked with Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran (JPK), and got the resources and began the challenging task of setting up a training centre dedicated to industrial automation studies.
In 2000, the VIS MECHATRONICS was born on Sri Muda, Shah Alam, Selangor Dahrul Ehsan, offering certificates and Diploma in mechatronic engineering from Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahirahan with the approved loan from Perbadanan Tabung Pembangunan Kemahiran (PTPK). Located in a quaint shop lot, the centre began with 75 students.
- VIS Mechatronics to be a leading college in transforming fresh students to multi skilled industrial workers.
- We continuously strengthen and improve technology used in the industries and depart this knowledge to our students.
- We inspire and cater multi skilled work force for the industrial needs.
- We inspire students to upgrade their career path.
- We prepare and empower students to be successful in their attitude and technical skills.
- To plant the seed of confidence inside of the minds of students to pursue their life goals and follow their passion.